
This is how much inflatable pool you get for a dollar. Luke doesn't really need anything to swim in, he just like to splash and something to climb in and out, in and out, in and out of. He loves exploring in the backyard. He was a little unsure of the grass at first (weird texture) and wouldn't walk on it. This worked out in my favor as it keep him confined to the patio area but now he has gotten over the grass-thing and is all over the place. I have to keep an especially close eye on Luke when he finds a bug. He has already tasted a snail and several rolly-pollies. Yuck!

Climbing in

Lounging

Splashing

Putting water in the watering can

All done

Luke's birthday invitation (made by Alan)
Those of you that I talk to a regular basis know that I'm really sad and also excited for Luke's first birthday. It's hard to explain. I can only assume most parents go through this. As he gets older, he needs me less and less and is so much more independent. So for now, I'm focusing on his party: a BBQ at a local park with all of his baby friends and family. It's crazy how fast a simple party can rack up in cost! I'm making some of the decorations to help out. I'm probably going a little overboard (does a one-year-old need centerpieces?).

Birthday Hat
1 comment:
It is hard to believe that Luke is going to be 1!!! Where did the time go? Alan did an amazing job on the invitations!!! They look so cute and professinal!!! Hope the party is a blast and can't wait to read that blog and see the pictures!!!
Post a Comment