Thursday, January 27, 2011

Anniversary

Grand Canal: Venice, Italy 2006

Jan. 29th will be Alan's and mine 6th wedding anniversary (but have been together for 9 years). We're celebrating the following weekend so I could have Superbowl Sunday off. Alan is pretty excited to see the Packers play. His mom's side of the family are all cheese-heads. I looked up the gift associated with the 6th year and it's either iron or candy. Seems like a big contrast. I think I'll get him some fancy chocolate .

These pictures are from our honeymoon which we took a year after our wedding. As a wedding gift Alan's mom gave us a trip for 2 to anywhere in the world that she had won (I know, that's amazing)! We choose Italy. It was a dream of mine to travel to Europe before having a family. I just couldn't imagine pulling a toddler around there. We flew into Rome for a few days then took a train to Venice and then back to Rome to fly home. We ate a ton of gelato, croissants, cappuccinos, paninis, pasta, and espresso. Alan had pizza at every restaurant we went to.
Of coarse we found a McDonalds (you can't escape them). They served espresso and booze!
Being a shameful (or maybe shameless) American tourist at the Vatican Museum.
Outside the Colosseum, it was cold and rainy most of the time but not very crowded.

Aren't we classy?
Alan's "rock out" pose. He did this many places (I'm embarrassed to admit how many).
Oh No! This out of shape gladiator is going to get me!
Awwww Venice! We want to go back there someday. It was beautiful and romantic. This is a canal near our hotel.
The same canal at night. Al had a great time taking pictures here. He even won an award for this one in our county fair.
Gondolas
We took a sunset gondola ride. Our guide didn't sing for us but tried to give a tour of the buildings. We didn't understand much except "Marco Polo". Notice my knock-off Louis Viutton bag... I got from a street vendor. I talked him down to $20.

On our way back to Rome we stopped in Florance for lunch. This a church near the train station (St. Maria, I think). We would have liked to stayed there longer.

No comments: