Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Due Date

This is a ultrasound of a baby measuring 6.5 weeks. I never got a copy of mine (I wish I had). It is what I remember on the screen. A tiny little baby.

I've been dreading March 22. It's a month away but it's staring at me. I did request the day off from work so at least I won't have to deal with that but I know I will be sad. I want to do something (other than wallow in my own self pity) to remember her. I don't know that I ever mentioned this but I started calling the baby a girl. Just a gut feeling. I've been toying with the idea of getting a tattoo but I don't know.

But I did read something the other day that was comforting. In this study, and others like it, it was found that the baby's cells can pass into the mother, navigate through her body and implant in various organs. Since the fetus is full of stem cells one of the theories is that they repair and strength the mom to ensure the baby will survive. Who knows if my baby made it this far but I chose to believe that she is still with me, making me stronger.

No comments: