Thursday, October 4, 2012

Preschool


We've been talking up preschool for months now and Luke has never really bought into it. By his first day he had resigned himself that it was inevitable. He had to go to preschool because it's what big boy's do. His school takes 3 and 4 year-olds so for some of the kids this was their second year. Alan took the day off of work to come with us.... that's the kind of dad he is (he hasn't missed a single Midwife appointment either). Luke was shy once we got there and curled up on my lap until the teacher came out to greet everyone. He got down and his teacher made a joke about his name which got him smiling.

That's all it took. He went with the rest of the kids, smiling and didn't look back or say good bye. Which is when I started loosing it. I felt a little lame since I was the only parent getting teary-eyed. I guess I'll blame it on pregnancy hormones.

We're now on our second week of school. Luke is excited to go and we're falling into a routine. His outgoing personality is now on full display and he says all on the 11 kids in class are his friends.

1 comment:

Erin Stetson said...

That's so wonderful! What a big boy ;) Glad to hear he is not biting or hitting, haha!