Sunday, March 14, 2010

On the Ship and Aruba


View from our balcony

Our room was normal size for a cruise ship but small for 4 people. Luckily was had a pretty large balcony with lounge chairs that made for a wonderful, quiet haven. It was just breath taking to take in the sea scape right outside my bedroom.

Ahhh... Sunshine!

They had a play time set-up everyday for toddlers on the ship (thank-goodness!).

A big party of "cruising" is eating. Between free room service, buffets running 24 hours, and fancy sit-down dinners, I think I gained 5 pounds on this trip. Luke is dressed up for formal night and carrying grandma's purse. I think that will be the last time he'll fit into his little plaid jacket :(

Our room steward made towel animals for us most nights. Luke always wanted to pick them up but then they would fall apart.

Aruba!
We took a short tour around the island. Interesting place. It's a Dutch colony that runs primarily on tourism. They were experiencing a drought and even the cacti were dried up. However the beaches were beautiful and the water was teal. The water was so clear that I could see little fish swimming around my feet.

A church on top of a hill. Luke mostly squished bugs.

A flower on the dibi-dibi tree.

Fishy!

The sand was so much more powdery than our rocky Washington beaches.

Luke and Nana

Butt-crack

No comments: