Friday, July 9, 2010

Luke-isms

We have an awesome park that has a free petting zoo in the summer. Luke mostly freaks out the animals by shouting and running.
  • Loves to run... especially in wide open spaces. He normally shouts "RRUUNNN!!!" at the same time (in can we didn't know what he was doing).
  • Is talking like crazy and using short 2-3 word sentences: What's that, mommy? Lucy sleeping. Drink juice. Buzz TV mommy? I luv you! (my fav :)
  • Favorite game is "get me" which is what he has named it. It's basically "chase/hide n seek" but Luke is always the one hiding/running away.
  • Sings. Mostly mumbles but we get a few words here and there "lalaa sun allalaa"
  • Combine his love to run with the "get me" game and you start to get a picture of what it's like to try and load him into the car or go to the store with Luke. I chase him a lot.
  • My least favorite: doesn't stop when I call him. I'm hoping it's just a phase.
  • Picks me flowers (even the ones I've planted in the flower boxes).
  • Wants his boo-boo's kissed when he falls.
  • Asks "You ok mommy?" in a very concerned voice after I bang my leg. Though, he also says that after he hits me.
  • Loves to cuddle. He does this thing were he pats my face or plays with my earlobe, it's very sweet. He'll always cuddle with me, right?
  • Is becoming more social. He asks to go play with his friends. They give each other hugs when they see each other but they all mostly fight over toys. Luke gets most of his "sharing" and "taking turns" lessons then.
  • Here's our conversation this morning: I was putting on lip gloss.
Luke:"grab it?" as he reaches for my lip gloss.
Me:"ok, but you have to stay right here".
Luke:"ok" grabs it and runs away.
Me:"Luke, please bring that back."
Luke: giggles "Hide it"
Me:"where is it?"
Luke: "hide it"

I found it under a chair in the kitchen.

1 comment:

Erin Stetson said...

This was so funny! I laughed out loud for sure! I love that he asks you if you're ok after he hits you!