Friday, March 11, 2011

Potty Update


We have turned a corner in the potty training department. Luke now regularly uses his potty to go pee during the day. (Woo Hoo!) He wears underwear when we leave the house and during naps. He's still wearing a diaper at night (I'm in no rush to clean pee out of a mattress). He has yet to poop on the potty. I'm not sure why he won't do it.... probably just being stubborn. We has a special Poop Prize for him that is displayed atop the fire place mantel. We talk about the poop prize a lot but so far, nothing. He has also not used the big toilet. I think it's a little scary for him. I ordered the above "Diego" toilet seat cover that will hopefully make him more comfortable (and smaller so he won't fall in!).

We've made some head way but, jeez, this is a much longer process than I anticipated! All I read was "how to potty train in a weekend" and "he was just ready and it was no problem" blah blah, blah. From our experience, it seems like it takes toddlers a little time to learn how to control a new set of muscles for bladder control. Plus you've got the added bonus of dealing with the terrible two year old who LOVES the word no.

No comments: