My "baby" is getting dangerously close to turning three! Can you believe it? It really does not seem like that long since we brought him home from the hospital. I'm feeling very nostalgic for them baby days and my sister's adorabley puggy baby isn't helping. Cute babies are mommy crack. *sigh* Snap out of it!!! (<-----talking to myself, please ignore the crazy lady.)
ok....
Here's what Luke is up to these days:
-Imagination time! He is big on pretending. When we go to the park he picks up a pile of wood chips and tells me it's a cake or mac'n'cheese or whatever his heart desires.
-When he's playing by himself, he talks to his toys and they talk back (or he talks for them). The story line normally involves him rescuing one of them or someone getting into trouble. I had a good laugh the first time I heard him put one of his toys into time out. I suppose this type of play helps him to make sense of things.
-He's a runner... this isn't new but this kid has stamina. Seriously, he can run/jog a half mile without stopping. Unfortunatly there are no track teams up here until high school.
-Sometimes when he's asked a question he'll tap his fingure on his chin while he thinks about it
-Since we don't have cable Luke requests what cartoon shows he wants to watch on netflix, which has worked out fine except when cartoons are on from the channels we get with an antenna he gets mad at the commercials. He thinks we change the channel on him.
-He's very social these days. Loves to play with his friends (but Lucy is his best friend).
-We are pretty much potty trained. We don't ever put him in diapers (not even at night). He still has the occasional accident. We are working on wiping and peeing standing up. I don't know why peeing standing up is something he has picked up yet... seems like it would be fun? I'll have to defer to Al on this one.
-He loves dinosaurs and can name about 6 different kinds.
No comments:
Post a Comment