Last time around I wasn't so good with the prenatal vitamins because they were horse pills and made me nauseous when I was already nauseous. But I'm giving it another go and found these gummy prenatals! They taste good, are coated in sugar, and these were like $6 (good deal for these things).
Awesome.
They also have DHA which is the "new" thing in prenatals and baby formula... it will supposedly give my baby super human brain power (right?). And of coarse, they have lots of folate to prevent neural tube defects. The down side with these is that they don't have iron or calcium which most do. I don't think I need either since I'm not anemic and I eat a pretty balanced diet (and I'm forcing myself to drink milk).
I'm not a big believer in vitamins since most of it isn't absorbed by your body, they aren't regulated by the FDA (so who knows whats really in them), and you can get everything you need from real food. But, I'd be a "bad mom" if I didn't take them so... I'm taking them.
In other related news.... my pregnancy symptoms include feeling bloated (though, I haven't gained any weight yet), small bouts of nausea, slightly more tired, peeing a lot, and super human smelling ability. I can smell something gross from a mile away....
"Al, it's smells like pee. Do you smell that?"
"No. Your crazy."
"Seriously, it's coming from the slide. Go smell it"
"I'm not going to smell the slide for pee."

No comments:
Post a Comment