Thursday, April 19, 2012

Appointment update

I had my midwife appointment yesterday. It went well, I'm still pregnant. We couldn't find a heartbeat with the doppler, but 8 weeks is a little early to hear it. I was a little disappointed but I'm feeling more confident in the pregnancy. For one thing, I can't button my pants any more. And I'm nauseous all. day. long. Not fun, but reassuring. The midwife said it's hard to find the heart beat when babies are so small (I believe the size of a kidney bean right now) but, she thought the baby was moving around. My mom is borrowing a doppler from her clinic and we are going to try again Saturday night. If we still can't find it, my midwife said I could pop in for a quick heart beat check in week 10 if I wanted.

Right now I'm battling Luke over breakfast. He would like an english muffin with butter and sugar on it (no doubt, he got that from his dad). I told him his topping options are butter (without sugar), peanut butter or jam. Of coarse, he reacted by running to his room crying over my tyranny. A similar exchange has happened two more times this morning and he has now settled on apples, cheese and crackers.

I'm trying to find the energy to clean up because my house is gross and covered in little dried play dough bits. But, I'm exhausted and it's only 9:30am. I'd use synthetic energy (aka coffee) but that makes me want to barf.


I think I'll just lie in bed for the next few weeks instead.

1 comment:

Erin Stetson said...

love the comic and hope for you to get some energy :)